THANK YOU FOR BEING A WAH LUM MEMBER!
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Uniforms may not be altered.
- Full uniform must be worn to class, or student cannot participate in class. (Wah Lum issued: Shirt, shoes, pants, sash)
- Masks must be worn before class begins and at all times on campus when not taking class.
- Please bring your sash to your first class. Your instructor will teach you how to tie the sash.
- Class Rules:
- Students must arrive at least 5 min prior to classes, but no earlier than 10 minutes and check in on the iPad or laptop in the Temple.
- Students must bow before entering the training area and before leaving the Temple (for respect).
- Students must listen carefully to Sifu and all assistant instructors (Si-Jye and Si-Hings).
- Students must focus during class.
- No cursing or using inappropriate language.
- Treat all kung fu brothers and sisters with respect and patience.
- Students cannot touch weapons, drums, lions, or any other equipment.
- All tuition and membership must be current to participate in class.
- Parent Observation Policy:
- Parents may not observe the class: From experience, it is disruptive to the children and the instructors to have the students looking back at their parents during class. It is does not benefit for their concentration and attention to the training. They will get more out of class if we have their undivided attention. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Parent Observation Day: ON OCCASION we will schedule parent observations or host small in house performances.
- Photo / Video / Social Media:
- You may not take photos during class, but you can take a photo of your child in uniform after class.
- Any videos, photographs, or images taken at the Wah Lum Temple are prohibited from being used on any public share sites, such as but not limited to, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc.
- While we are happy with your enthusiasm, these images are a part of the traditional Wah Lum system and we would like to keep the privacy of our style within the system. Grandmaster Chan has worked hard to keep the system traditional and to ensure that students are only learning from certified Sifus
- Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Please remember to drop off your child no earlier than 10 minutes before class and pick up no later than 5 minutes after class. Class times are M, W, F: 5:15 pm – 6:05pm, SAT 11:00am – 11:50am
- Please review COVID19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS for remaining on campus.
- There is a waiting area by the fish pond.
- If parents decide to wait in the car, we ask that they do not leave the cars running as this is a hazard for the students, since we often train outdoors.
- Extended Care: $10 per 15 minutes (before or after classes). Please let the office know if you plan to utilize this program.
- Testing Policy:
- Your child will test once they reach a certain level in the curriculum. We will inform you when your child is ready to test by email.
- Review the Q&A with your Little Mantis to help them prep for their testing and to keep them up to date.
- A weekly newsletter will be sent with important information on the school. Please read them! They are short and informative and let you know of any schedule changes. Your information is never shared.
- To join our secret members only Wah Lum Warrior FACEBOOK GROUP – please add us as a friend and request to join the group HERE. Get tips, advice, and secret kung fu moves are revealed to our members only!
- Keep Us Updated:
- If at any time, you change any information, including emails, contact info, and bank account, please notify the office immediately so we can update our records.
- You can also login to your account on perfect mind HERE
- Safety – Please be aware of the following areas at the Temple:
- The plum flower poles and any garden area are strictly off limits.
- Kids must not play/jump from the stage area located on the left patio.
- Please have your kids wait on the porch for pick up as the parking lot is busy.
- No plants or fruits on the property are to be disturbed or eaten.
- Parent Seminar:
- Sifu Mimi presents a seminar to all the parents covering topics that range from the benefits of Kung Fu in a child’s life to how to respond when a child announces they do not want to come to Kung Fu. You can watch her entire seminar by CLICKING HERE
The password is PS2018
- Student Evaluation
- If at anytime the student is not progressing or disruptive to the class, the Wah Lum Temple may determine that private lessons are a better fit for the Little Mantis. A parent meeting will be scheduled to go over options if necessary.
7/29/20 – KIDS AND LITTLE MANTIS PARENT MEETING – if you missed the video WATCH IT HERE
[Go Back to Wah Lum Member Page]