2022 WAH LUM TEMPLE HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Effective February 1, 2022
Subject to change
Students agree to follow the health and safety policy to attend in class sessions:
- Students cannot attend class if they have any sign of illness, cold, etc.
- If student was exposed to ANY contagious virus they agree to wear a mask and distance from others.
- Students must maintain physical distancing and respect one another’s personal space according to their training assignment.
- Students agree to attend classes on time and leave after class to accommodate other scheduled classes. Arrival: 10 minutes of start / Depart: 5 minutes after class ends. If you arrive early, you must wait in your car until the previous class leaves.
- Students agree to rotate days between training in different areas (patio, inside the Temple, parking lot).
- Students understand they will be assigned a workout area and will need to go directly to their area upon arrival.
- Student agrees to train in their designated marked workout spot.
- Student agrees to only use his/her own weapons and bring them home daily.
- Student understands if assigned to parking lot: it may be hot or it may rain and you may have to attend class virtually due to weather.
- Only 3 people will be permitted in the front office at any time.
- Please download and use the PAYPAL APP to assist us with a touch free environment.
- Students agree to sanitize hands frequently as needed.
- Only 1 person will be allowed to go to the bathroom at a time. Student must wipe down any surfaces touched and use paper towels when possible to open and close doors, faucets, etc. Shower use is NOT permitted at this time.
- The Temple may change the schedule, protocol, policy, and decide to revert to online classes exclusively.
- Masks are optional.
IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID OR ANY OTHER CONTAGIOUS ILLNESS:
- Stay home. Students cannot attend class if they have any sign of illness, cold, etc.
- If a student has tested positive for covid, students must stay home until all symptoms are gone an have tested negative before returning.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS PLEASE STAY HOME:
- Fever (temperature of 100 F or greater)
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- GI symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Disequilibrium like dizziness
- Muscle aches
- General weakness
- Chills (sometimes with shaking)
- Common Sense with any Virus: If you’ve been exposed to anything contagious, then please wear a mask. If you are around someone vulnerable, be careful. Maybe stay your distance. If you are sick, then stay home. Coming in to train sick is not allowed nor considerate.
The Temple wants to ensure your safety and health while still providing the best possible instruction in kung fu, tai chi, and fitness both in person and online! We have taken extra precautions to ensure thorough frequent cleaning of facility and sanitization after every class. The Temple also stays up to date on research and data from medical professionals and other resources to ensure the safest environment possible.
Back to Member Page