2020 WAH LUM TEMPLE HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Effective June 15, 2020
Subject to change
Students agree to follow the health and safety policy to attend in class sessions:
- Students cannot attend class if they have any sign of illness, cold, etc. or have been in contact with anyone who was sick within the past 3 weeks.
- Students must maintain a minimum of 8 feet of physical distancing from any other person at the school.
- Student agrees to temperature checks if requested.
- Students agree to sanitize hands frequently as needed.
- Students will not be required to ‘check in’ at the front office.
- Only 1 person will be permitted in the front office at any time. For office purchases: 1 person at a time near the drink fridge.
- Please download and plan to use the PAYPAL APP to assist us with a touch free environment.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED for arrival at the Temple. MASKS must be worn at all times BEFORE class begins, in the office, bathroom, and to enter/exit the training areas.
- Only 1 person will be allowed to go to the bathroom at a time. Student must wipe down any surfaces touched and use paper towels when possible to open and close doors, faucets, etc. Shower use is NOT permitted at this time.
- Students agree to attend classes on time and leave after class to accommodate other scheduled classes. Within 10 minutes of start / 5 minutes end times unless you have booked open workout. If you arrive early, you must wait in your car until the previous class leaves. After class there is no loitering in the parking lot permitted.
- Students agree to rotate days between training in different areas (patio, inside the Temple, parking lot).
- Students understand they will be assigned a workout area and will need to go directly to their area upon arrival. There will be arrows and maps for students to abide by the flow of traffic.
- Student agrees to stay/stand in their designated marked workout spot.
- Student agrees to only use his/her own weapons and bring them home daily.
- Student understands if assigned to parking lot: it may be hot or it may rain and you may have to miss class due to weather.
- The Temple may change the schedule, protocol, policy, and decide to revert to online classes exclusively.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS PLEASE STAY HOME:
- Fever (temperature of 100 F or greater)
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- GI symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Disequilibrium like dizziness
- Muscle aches
- General weakness
- Chills (sometimes with shaking)
- Any recent unprotected close contact with a known positive COVID-19 patient
The Temple wants to ensure your safety and health while still providing the best possible instruction in kung fu, tai chi, and fitness both in person and online! We are taking extra precautions prior to reopening and have implemented the following protocols:
- Thorough frequent cleaning of facility and sanitization after every class.
- Posting all updated notices and recommendations from WHO & CDC for health safety.
- Updating student waivers and affirmations of all members health status prior to allowing in class attendance.
- Staff training for safety protocols and provide PPE for staff who wish to utilize PPE.
- Strategic plan for restriction of the # of persons inside, outside, and on the premises at the Temple at any given time.
- Researched and consulted with medical professionals and other resources to ensure the safest environment possible.
- All students who were on hold and did not attend virtual classes during quarantine will receive those classes/time extensions for their program.
- We are committed to providing an even better training experience than pre-quarantine!
OPEN WORKOUT BOOKING: If you would like to book ‘open workout’ time at the Temple before or after your class, we will begin taking reservations for 3 people at a time (1 in each training area) up to 30 minutes before select classes. You must go to the BOOKING PAGE with your login that has been mailed to you and book the time and date you would like to attend. Please be considerate of other students and limit to booking 1 x week.
Once you are BOOKED, you must park in the WLCC lot and choose a training area that is empty upon arrival. If someone who is booked is already working out in the Temple, you must choose Patio 1 or 2, etc. Tuesday kung fu class only: open workout booking is only available in the Parking Lot. EVERYONE MUST BOOK Open workout time to practice on your own. Booking will be available by August 1 and is only available to booked 2 weeks in advance. Thank you!